Buying a smartphone with a good processor at a budget price is a pretty hard task. The two main budget processors that are mostly used by the smartphone manufacturing companies are Mediatek Helio P60 and Qualcomm Snapdragon 636. The reason behind the use of these two chipsets is their impressive performance at an affordable price. As these chipsets are equally powerful it often becomes difficult for consumers to decide between the two. So let’s do a processor battle Helio P60 vs Snapdragon 636 and find out who is the winner.
- CPU: Octa-Core 4x ARM Cortex-A73 up to 2.0GHz
and 4x ARM Cortex-A53 up to 2.0GHz (12 nm process technology)
- Memory: LPDDR4x (Up to 8GB, 1800MHz)
- Storage: eMMC 5.1 or UFS 2.1
- GPU: ARM Mali-G72 MP3 @ 800MHz
- APU: Dual-core Mobile AI Processors
- Camera: 20+16MP or 32MP
- Video Decoding: 1080P @ 30FPS, H.264/HEVC
- Video Encoding: 1080P @ 30FPS, H.264
- Display: 2400 x 1080 (Full HD+) 20:9
- Modem: LTE Cat 7 (DL) / Cat-13 (UL) (FDD/TDD), 2×2 UL CA, TAS 2.0, HUPE, IMS (VoLTE\ViLTE\WFC), eMBMS, Dual 4G VoLTE (DSDS), Band 71
- Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4..2, GNSS options, FM
- MediaTek Technologies: NeuroPilot, CorePilot 4.0, Imagiq, Pump Express Wireless
- More power efficient as compared to Snapdragon 636 because of the use of 12nm process technology.
- Cheaper as compared to Snapdragon 636.
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) capabilities.
- Weaker GPU performance as compared to Snapdragon 636 in some situations.
- CPU: 8x Kryo 260 CPU (Up to 1.8 GHz), 14nm process technology
- Memory: LPDDR4/4x, dual channel (Up to 1333MHz), 8GB RAM eMMC and UFS
- GPU: Adreno 509 GPU
- Camera: Qualcomm Spectra 160 ISP, Dual 14-bit ISPs, Up to 16 MP dual camera, Up to 24 MP single camera, Hybrid Autofocus, Optical Zoom, and Zero Shutter Lag.
- Video: Up to 4K UltraHD capture at 30 fps, Up to 4K UltraHD playback at 30 fps, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), VP9
- Display: FHD+ resolution, External display support via DisplayPort over Type-C
- Modem: Snapdragon X12 LTE modem
+ Downlink: LTE Cat 12 up to 600Mbps, 3×20 MHz carrier aggregation, up to 256-QAM
+ Uplink: LTE Cat 13 up to 150 Mbps, Snapdragon Upload+ (2×20 MHz carrier aggregation)
+ All Mode features with support for all seven cellular modes, and support for:
• VoLTE with SRVCC to 3G and 2G, HD and Ultra HD Voice (EVS), CSFB to 3G and 2G
• Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) with LTE call continuity
- Connectivity: 802.11ac 1×1 with MU-MIMO, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and Bluetooth 5
- Powerful GPU performance as compared to Helio P60.
- Suitable for modding
- No AI (Artificial Intelligence) capabilities.
Both the processors Helio P60 and Snapdragon 636 are good in their own way and are equally powerful. But if one has to be chosen out of the two than Helio P60 can be declared as a clear winner because of its better AI capabilities and performance.
If you liked this post Helio P60 vs Snapdragon 636 then also have a look at our previous post on Difference Between AC and DC Motor.